Fitness Instructor – Part Time
Immediate start available.
Our Gym is home to a community of Everyday Champions, and we’re looking for a REPs registered Fitness Instructor to help us support our members towards their health and fitness goals.
While this role is based at the Gym reception desk, if you’re REPs registered, you’ll be able to cover on the Gym floor. There’s plenty of opportunity for extra cover shifts on both reception and the floor, as well as the potential to run small Group Fitness classes.
The two shifts available for an immediate start are Monday 12.30 – 8.30pm, and Saturday 6.45am – 12.30pm.
Our members are a fun bunch and love a good chat, so you’ll need to have an open communication style and be able to switch hats quickly. Your day to day will vary – you could be explaining membership payments to a member, helping them navigate our online portal to book in for classes, or correcting their technique on the Gym floor. Ideally you will have, or be working towards, at Bachelor of Sport and Recreation, and be passionate about a career in the fitness industry.
We offer a supportive, fun work environment at an incredible fitness facility, and the added bonus of earning commission on any sales you convert!
If you’re ready for a new challenge, or looking for a foot in the door at one of New Zealand’s leading fitness facilities, we’d love to hear from you! Send a current CV and cover letter to our Gym Manager Samantha via email [email protected]
For a full position description please click here.
Pool Lifeguards- Part Time
We’re seeking qualified Lifeguards to join our Lifeguard team to supervise the pool spaces within our multi-use sport facility.
Safety is our biggest priority and these roles are key to ensuring a safe environment for our customers and are paramount to the successful running of our aquatic facilities.
It is a pre-requisite that our lifeguards hold a current comprehensive first aid certificate and Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate, however we’re willing to provide training for the right candidate. Other Aquatic qualifications will be an advantage.
To join the experienced and fun team at AUT Millennium, the successful candidate will need to have experience communicating with the general public, a commitment to providing excellent customer service and be a team player.
Our successful applicant will have the following:
- A dedication to providing the best customer experience
- A great balance of friendly professionalism
- Current Pool Lifeguard Award/s and Comprehensive First Aid Certificate
- Commitment to the health and safety of all users
We have part-time positions available across a seven day a week roster, including morning, afternoon, evenings and weekends.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to become part of an organisation making a real difference in the community, join us at AUT Millennium! Please express your interest with a CV and cover letter via email to [email protected]
Please note, that all applicants must be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, or residency.
For a full position description please click here.
Junior Coaching Coordinator/ Youth Athletics Coach- NorthSport Academy
North Harbour Bays Athletics Club (NHBAC) is New Zealand’s leading athletics club, providing opportunities for participation and competition for people of all ages and standards, from children to masters.
The club has had significant success at all levels of competition and has produced a large number of national record holders and national representatives up to World Championship and Olympic Games levels.
In the 1990’s the club recognized it needed to provide a high-performance environment for its leading athletes, including coaching and athlete support. A separate entity, the NorthSport Academy (the Academy) was established to manage the funding and direct the high-performance coaching programme and its close integration to the club. The Academy is an incorporated society, registered with the Charities Commission. The Academy is governed by a Management Board comprised of representatives from NHBAC, Athletics New Zealand, the Avery Foundation and AUT Millennium.
Junior Coaching-Coordinator/Youth Athletics Coach
An exciting opportunity now exists for a part time Junior Coaching Coordinator working 20 hours per week. We seek a motivated, energetic person, who has the ability to connect and engage with children, primarily aged 10-14 years. This individual must work closely with the NorthSport Academy manager and team of employed coaches, to provide innovative coaching opportunities designed to increase the number of junior club athletes that transition from junior – to secondary school athletics, and beyond. The successful candidate will strive to develop young athletes that are motivated and excited to seek personal growth in a diverse range of skills and attributes. An exciting and challenging role for the right person.
Regular duties will involve:
- • Co-ordinate coaching activities during the NHBAC Nights (Tuesday evening – October through March)
- • Co-ordinate the NHBAC junior coaching evening (Wednesday evening – October through March). Manage and develop a group of young coaches, who provide basic athletic skills coaching to junior club members.
- • Provide technical coaching across all event disciplines (sprints/throws/jumps/hurdles).
- • Lead a Junior Development Squad (10-14years) year-round, to develop fundamental movement skills, and – Provide educational opportunities for athletes and parents, surrounding a variety of topics relevant to youth sport.
- • Attendance and representation at local athletic events
- • Attend NorthSport Academy coaching meetings and development opportunities.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- • Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- • Positive and professional attitude towards coaches, athletes and their families.
- • Show initiative, with the ability to work unsupervised.
- • Work well in a team environment.
- • Understanding of Long-Term Athlete Development models and best practice guidelines.
- • Strong understanding and ability to teach and develop fundamental movement skills.
- • Experience with coaching children aged 10-14 years.
- • Experience with junior athletics coaching preferred, but not required (training can be provided for the right candidate).
Coaching activities will take place in the afternoons, Monday through Friday and may include 1-2 weekend sessions. Additional office hours are flexible, Monday-Friday.
A start in the role immediately is preferred. Applications will close on Friday 2nd October.
Please email your CV to [email protected] or email Paul if you have any questions.