Schools Programme Coordinator
AUT Millennium is a not for profit, charitable trust established with the objective of supporting participation in community sport and high performance sport and helping New Zealanders live longer and healthier lives through the provision of facilities, services, research and education.
The School Programme Co-ordinator manages a team of committed instructors who believe in the vision of our organisation – helping people be the best they can be. As part of our team, you’ll have the chance to contribute to a variety of youth programmes including Learn-To-Swim, water safety, holiday programme, youth athlete coaching, and EOTC programmes, with the opportunity to grow the role as you develop.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic person to run the daily operations and management of the AUT Millennium School Programmes, work with an experienced team of instructors and provide them with a supportive and fun working environment.
- Responsible for the operations of school programmes and ensuring they are run professionally.
- Allocation and booking of aquatic, stadium and sports hall space for the school and holiday programmes at AUT Millennium.
- Work closely with Programme Manager coordinating bookings.
- Responsible for school programme content, design, and delivery.
- Maintain an effective monthly roster for AUT Millennium Schools Programme staff.
- Marketing and Sales of schools programmes, promote and cross sell of Athlete Development school programmes where appropriate.
- Maintain and foster key relationships with schools and community groups including Coastguard Safe Boating Education, Swimming NZ and Drowning Prevention Auckland.
- Monitor aquatic and schools equipment, safety gear for staff, and uniforms, including monitoring and maintenance of the Rockwall.
- Provide backup teaching for school programmes when required – including Learn to Swim, Water Safety, indoor and outdoor activities, with some standing, bending, lifting and physical activity required.
- Collaborate with Athlete Development and meet with the team regularly. Work together to develop cohesive school programmes and implement consistent health and child safety policies.
- Create, develop and promote a preschool Learn to Swim programme to local Kindergartens/ Day Care Centres.
Our ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Staff management experience
- Passion for working with children
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong attention to detail ensuring rostering, financial management and staff training is efficiently delivered
- Comfortable thinking on your feet and adaptable to short-notice changes
- Strong interpersonal and stakeholder (internal and external) relationship skills
- Experience in health & safety processes and procedures
We’d also love if you have:
- Sport / Recreation qualification
- Experience in learn-to-swim instruction, water safety and/or youth athlete coaching
- An interest in sport and recreation in New Zealand
If you’re keen to be part of an organisation passionate about health and wellness, from the community through to high performance sport, we’d love to hear from you. To express your interest, please upload your CV and cover letter via SEEK.
You must have the right to live and work in New Zealand to apply for this position.
LIFEGUARDS- FULL AND PART TIME
We’re seeking qualified Lifeguards to join our Lifeguard team to supervise the pool spaces within our multi-use sport facility.
Safety is our biggest priority and these roles are key to ensuring a safe environment for our customers and are paramount to the successful running of our aquatic facilities.
It is a pre-requisite that our lifeguards hold a current comprehensive first aid certificate and Pool Lifeguard Practicing Certificate, however we’re willing to provide training for the right candidate. Other Aquatic qualifications will be an advantage.
To join the experienced and fun team at AUT Millennium, the successful candidate will need to have experience communicating with the general public, a commitment to providing excellent customer service and be a team player.
- A dedication to providing the best customer experience
- A great balance of friendly professionalism
- Current Pool Lifeguard Award/s and Comprehensive First Aid Certificate
- Commitment to the health and safety of all users
We have full and part-time positions available across a seven day a week roster, including morning, afternoon, evenings and weekends.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to become part of an organisation making a real difference in the community, join us at AUT Millennium!
Please send your CV and cover letter outlining your interest to Cameron Lovett (Team Leader, Lifeguards) via email [email protected]
Please note, that all applicants must be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, or residency.
For a full position description please click here.