New Zealand’s Premier Athletics Club, and the first winner of the New Zealand “Club of the Year” title awarded for all sports. The Club consistently wins more medals at National Championships than any other club in New Zealand.
Bays was formed in 1978, following the amalgamation of the East Coast Bays Children’s Club and the North Shore Senior Club. The Club operates 12 months of the year, catering for athletes from 5 years of age to Masters (35 years plus) in Track and Field, Cross Country and Road.
The club will be delighted if you want to register your child or yourself as a club member, and are always looking to recruit athletes at all levels and volunteers and helpers to contribute to the running of the club.
During the summer the club holds a track and field club night on Tuesdays:
- Age 5 and 6: 5.30pm
- Age 7 and up: 6.00pm
- Senior Development Athletes: train 4 or 5 times a week
- Seniors: train 6 days a week
- Masters: train 3 or 4 times a week
Harriers Training Sessions
- Cover all ages – Male and female. This group will train from 5.30pm, Monday & Thursday from the Club Room. Coach: David Gould – [email protected]
- 14 and up – Coach: Paul Hamblyn – [email protected]
- Pack runs continue through the summer on Wednesday nights.
The club runs a successful talent identification programme to ensure young people are exposed to athletics as a sports option, and those with ability are given the opportunity to excel. Special emphasis is placed on teaching basic skills to juniors. The club has more than 30 coaches available to direct athletes who desire to reach their full potential, whatever their event, for a whole range of basic skills sessions, to Development Squad-specific events training, to High Performance and International level.
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: (09) 410 5816
Click here to visit the North Harbour Bays Athletics Club website